- Eat Right
- Diet and Nutrition
- 10 Days ago
A GUIDE TO GOOD GUT HEALTH
When bacteria are out of balance, it can cause problems such as:
- Gas and bloating
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Autoimmune diseases
- B12 deficiency
Here are some tips to promote your gut health and well-being:
- TAKE A QUALITY PROBIOTIC
Probiotics are live micro-organisms which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit.
Some of the benefits of probiotics include:
· They ease digestive problems such as constipation and bloating.
· They restore gut-healthy microbes essential for optimal nutrient absorption after antibiotics.
· They support the body's immune system, protecting against harmful bacteria.
2. AVOID OVERUSE OF ANTIBIOTICS
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Although that includes the bad bacteria that can make you sick, it also includes the good bacteria your body needs. This disruption of intestinal harmony can cause a lack of diversity among bacteria which is sure to affect your health
3. INCORPORATE FERMENTED FOODS INTO YOUR DIET
Fermented foods can introduce good bacteria into your gut. Some of the best-fermented foods for promoting gut health include:
· Idli and dosa