All You Need To Know About Joint Pain!
- 9 Months ago
Joints form the connections between the bones. Joint pain is caused when there is damage to the joints from disease or injury affecting the ligaments or tendons that interfere with your movement and in turn cause a lot of pain. No matter what, joint pain can be very bothersome.
Joint pain can range from mildly irritating to debilitating. It may go away after a few weeks (acute), or last for several weeks or months (chronic).
Causes for the pain can be:
- Arthritis - rheumatoid, osteoarthritis
- Infectious diseases like mumps, chickenpox, influenza, hepatitis, measles, rheumatic fever etc.
- Strains or sprains, tendinitis
Home care treatment: If the pain is not severe and has occurred due to simple injury or sprain you can read through the tips below-
- Warm baths, massages should be done frequently. Exercises like swimming, yoga, walking and stretching exercises with the consult of physician and physiotherapist is most important.
- Proper posture should be maintained while sitting, walking and lying down.
- Anti inflammatory medicines after the physicians opinion may help relieve pain and swelling
- Ice the joint for about 15 minutes, several times each day.
- Rest the joint, avoid any activities that cause you pain.
- Have healthy foods with good amounts of fruits and veggies that have antioxidants and vitamins.
Seek medical help immediately if:
- You have fever
- Unintended weight loss
- Your joint pain lasts for more than 3 days
- You have severe, unexplained joint pain, particularly if you have other unexplained symptoms
Most important is that if you are overweight - reduce your weight with the right diet and regular exercise as it might relieve the pressure on your painful joints!!