Aam Panna, The Green Cooler!!
- 6 Months ago
While the heat is catching up with all of us, ‘Aam Panna' can be an excellent summer chiller! Apart from being a refreshing drink, it has various health benefits.
• It is an effective remedy for heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
• As it is high in electrolytes and vitamin C, it reverses dehydration and maintains electrolyte balance
• This drink, being popular in northern India, is known to treat gastrointestinal disturbances and certain blood disorders.
• It is considered as a tonic as it builds resistance against tuberculosis, cholera, dysentery and anaemia.
Here is a quick recipe for this delicious drink.
• Raw mangoes: 2 medium sized
• Jaggery: As per taste
• Black salt: 1 ¼ tsp
• Roasted cumin powder: 1 ¼ tsp
• Roasted black pepper powder: As per taste.
• Pressure cook the mangoes till soft. Allow it cool down.
• Remove the pulp from the skin and seed. Grind it to a fine paste.
• In a bowl, add ¾ cup of water, mango pulp and jaggery as per your taste and bring it to boil.
• Allow this mixture to cool at room temperature
• To prepare a glass of ‘Aam Panna', add 4tbsps of this mixture. Add ¼ teaspoon of cumin powder, black pepper and black salt. Add 1 ¼ cup of chilled water and mix well.
• Pour into a glass with crushed ice and serve.
Note: This prepared mixture can be stored in refrigerator for 3-4 days and for about a week when stored in deep freezer.