Dark Knees, Elbows and Underarms- Get Rid of Them
- 10 Months ago
Dark knees, elbows and underarms get very embarrassing to most of us. Here are a few easy home remedies that can help you reduce the darkness of these areas. Give these a try!
Getting rid of it-
- Rub the area with lime or lemon juice, leave for 10-15 minutes. Soak a towel in hot water and scrub it on dark elbows, knees and underarms.
- Mix 1 tsp coconut oil and ½ tsp of lime or lemon juice. Do the same.
- Make a paste of besan(gram flour) and lime juice. Apply on elbows, underarms and knees. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Hydrogen peroxide(around 3.5%) has excellent bleaching properties too and can help cure discoloration. Dip a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and apply it to the knees and elbows. Repeat this exercise a couple of times a day, to enhance its effectiveness.
- The application of a mixture of vinegar and yoghurt on dark elbows, knees and underarms will help reduce darkness of these areas.
- Applying a mixture of milk cream with a pinch of turmeric on the affected areas is a great remedy.
- A mixture of cucumber juice, lemon juice and turmeric powder help in lightening underarms.
- Stop leaning on your elbows and knees and you would see the difference in two days.
- Lose weight. Weight gain is considered to be one among the several reasons for this problem.
- Always use a moisturizing scrub. Honey or oils (coconut, almond, sesame and olive) with granules like sugar or rock salt make a wonderful homemade scrub that helps in getting rid of the dead cells.
- Try waxing instead of shaving your underarms.
- Excessive use of deodorants/antiperspirants can darken the skin.
- Apply a heavy moisturizer on your legs and arms even if your skin type is oily. Keep the elbows and knees moisturized.
- Use a loofah in your bath once a day (for sensitive and dry skin, use thrice a week). It helps in regular exfoliation of the area and keeps the skin smooth.
- Use bleaching fruits (like lemon, tomato juice or pomegranate juice for oily skin) with moisturizing agents (like honey or oil for dry skin) and sugar as a knee packs, elbow pack or scrub.
- Aloe vera (straight from the plant) also has properties that lighten the skin.
- Keep the elbows and knees covered as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of water. It is great for your skin.
Dark knees, elbows and underarms can be easily handled if good care is taken. Try these to see a change!