Instant Oats Idli
- 7 Months ago
Make your breakfast healthy with these instant fiber rich idlis made with oats and rawa.
Soaking time: 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Makes: 12 idlis
Quick cooking rolled oats - ¾ cup
Rava- ½ cup
curd- ½ cup
Oil- 2 tsps
mustard seeds - ½ tsp
cumin seeds - ½ tsp
asafetida- ½ tsp
grated ginger- ½ tsp
Finely chopped green chillies- 2tsps
Finely chopped coriander (dhania) - 1 Tablespoon
salt to taste
Plain Eno - ½ tsp
oil for greasing
• Grind ¾ cup oats in a mixer to make oats flour.
• Mix oats flour, rava and curd along with ¾ cup of water and keep aside for 30 minutes.
• Heat oil in a small non-stick pan and add mustard seeds.
• When the seeds splutter, add cumin seeds and asafetida.
• Add this tadka (seasoning) to the remaining ingredients to make oats- semolina batter
• Add eno to the batter and mix well
• Now, quickly pour the batter onto greased idli moulds and steam them for 8-10 minutes till the idlis are cooked.
• Once the idlis are slightly cooled, de-mould them and serve hot with chutney or sambhar.