Stuffed Bread Rolls
- 6 Months ago
These bread rolls are bread slices stuffed with high-protein hummus, topped with assorted vegetables, rolled up, and grilled to perfection.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
White Bread- 12 slices
Carrots- 1 ½ cups, grated
Cabbage- 1 ½ cup, finely sliced
Chickpeas- ½ cup (soaked for 8 hours)
Low-Fat Curd- ½ cup
Garlic- 4 large cloves
Green Chilies- 2 to 3, finely chopped
Vinegar- 1 tbsp
Butter- 4 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
• In a pressure cooker add ½ cup chickpeas, 3 cups water, salt, and cook for 5 to 6 whistles. Cool, strain, and keep aside.
• Grind the chickpeas, along with curd, garlic, green chilies, salt, and vinegar in a blender. Make sure the paste is thick.
• Heat oil in a pan and add carrots, cabbage, and salt.
• Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes and keep aside.
• Slice off the crusts of the bread slices and flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
• Now using a butter knife, apply 2 tbsp of the chickpea paste on the flattened side of the bread.
• Top it up with 2 tbsp of the vegetable mixture.
• Roll up each slice tightly and apply a little butter on the exposed edge of the bread.
• Toast the bread in a non-stick pan, rolling them occasionally until they turn golden brown.
• To serve, cut each roll into 3 pieces using a pizza cutter.
• Serve either with tomato ketchup or green chutney.