Trying to conceive after a miscarriage?
- 7 Months ago
Being pregnant is the happiest part of a woman's life, but sometimes, due to various causes, pregnancy could end up in a miscarriage. It takes a great deal of strength to gather yourself up and start all over again.
Even if the pregnancy has ended very early, bonding between the mother and child may be strong. Having a miscarriage is very difficult as its emotional impact is unexplainable. The pregnancy hormones are very powerful and hence, lots of time is needed to reset them.
According to gynecologists, trying to conceive anywhere between 6 to 12 months after a miscarriage is safe, depending on the duration of pregnancy that lead to a miscarriage. Studies also indicate that women who have experienced a miscarriage are more prone to a subsequent miscarriage and do carry a higher risk for complications.
Here are a few things one has to keep in mind while
planning to conceive after a miscarriage:
• Look for a supportive gynecologist or an obstetrician who is a good listener and can solve your doubts and advise you on the tests to be taken. She would also prepare you mentally for the much awaited event in your life.
• Take a folic acid supplement daily at least 3 month before you intend to conceive. This helps to reduce the incidences of neural defects and miscarriages.
• Maintain a record of your cycles. The first couple of cycles may delay or start much before expected, but will get back to normal. This would help your gynecologist predict your fertile dates.
• Follow a well balanced diet with adequate amount of cereals, pulses, milk and milk products, fresh fruits and vegetables and fiber which will help you be in good health. Quitting smoking, consumption of alcohol and recreational drugs has proved to be advantageous.
• Try when you are emotionally stable. According to studies, it is better to try as soon as you get over the loss.
• Have sex regularly, at least thrice a week so that you do not worry about the timing. Sex helps to get over the loss sooner and also gives a sense of support and togetherness to the couple. This will also give a boost to their sex drive.
Though trying to conceive after a miscarriage is hard, make sure you take care of these factors to increase your possibility of conception.