- 6 Months ago
Psoriasis is a long-term skin disease that causes scaling and inflammation. Everything from the temperature of your shower to the fit of your clothing can trigger a reaction. Hence, it's important to take care to prevent and treat outbreaks.
Here's what you can do to ease living with psoriasis:
• Keep your skin moist: It's important to use a moisturizer as dry skin makes irritation and itchiness caused by psoriases worse.
• Bathe, but be cautious: Avoid hot water as it can irritate the skin, bathe in lukewarm water.
• Stop smoking: People who smoke at least a pack a day are twice as likely to suffer severe psoriasis as those who smoke less
• Eat a well-balanced diet: Exclude food that irritates symptoms and maintain a healthy weight
• Wear clothes made of natural fibers: Natural fibers are soothing for the skin.
Talk to a therapist
People with psoriasis often feel frustrated, develop low self-esteem or anxiety about their daily routine and may give up things they enjoyed due to embarrassment and physical discomfort caused by this condition.
Remember that lifestyle changes can make a difference in how well you live with psoriasis!