9 Foods That Fight Pain
- 7 Months ago
We know that there are foods that detoxify our body, make you stronger, help you sleep better and make you look fresh and young. Adding to these benefits, some foods help ease pain. Know what they are:
1. Cherries - Cherries are the perfect topping for a healthy dessert because they contain powerful antioxidants known as anthocyanins. These antioxidants have been reported to reduce inflammation and inhibit the activity of pain enzymes.
2. Blueberries - These berries are also a potent source of anthocyanins, which are thought to have anti-inflammatory benefits and contain tannins that reduce swelling.
3. Ginger - Ginger has long been used as a digestive aid and an effective painkiller. Almost two-thirds of patients with chronic knee pain reported less soreness upon standing after taking a ginger extract. Ginger relieves pain by blocking an enzyme that's a key component to the inflammatory process.
4. Fish - The omega 3 fatty acids in fish helps to reduce inflammation caused due to rheumatoid arthritis, migraines and some auto immune diseases like Chron's disease.
5. Soy -Soy contains a plant hormone called isoflavones known for its anti inflammatory properties.
6. Dairy products - Regular consumption of milk and its products have shown huge benefits in reducing the symptoms of fibromyalgia and pain associated with the bone and joints.
7. Pineapple - The enzyme bromelain, which comes from the pineapple plant, has shown to reduce inflammation and pain. Some studies have found it helpful in osteoarthritis and knee pain.
8. Coffee - Ever wonder why so many over-the-counter cold and headache medicines contain caffeine? Recent data suggest that caffeine has pain lowering powers naturally, especially when it comes to pain associated with exercise. Caffeine increases the pain threshold making it easier to exercise.
9. Turmeric - This essential curry spice has been used for years in Ayurvedic medicine to relieve pain and speed up digestion. But researchers also have found that an anti-inflammatory substance called curcumin present in this spice protects the body from tissue destruction, joint inflammation and also preserves good nerve cell function.
So, the next time you are in pain, try one of these simple remedies before you pop a pill.