A Recipe From 'Active Foods' Workshop
- 10 Months ago
Food Lovers Club, which is run by Kripal Amanna, publisher and editor of the popular magazine Food Lovers Bangalore, conducted a healthy foods workshop called Active Foods last Saturday (Dec 11, 2010), which ran full-house.
The workshop started with an interactive session on Weight Management (conducted by yours truly), followed by a cookery demonstration of healthy dishes (conducted by Naren Thimmiah, Executive Chef of Gateway Hotel, Bangalore) and ended with a healthy lunch prepared by the hotel chefs.
Here's a recipe from the booklet that was given to the workshop participants...
Smoked Apple and Yogurt Mousse
Serves 4 (75 calories per serving)
300 g apples
100 g yogurt (make it skimmed)
5 g gelatin
100 g black grapes
20 g sugar
1 g salt
Method of Preparation -
- Smoke the apple with wood charcoal till it is tender and then peel it.
- Prepare a fine puree of apple and yogurt together and strain once.
- Melt gelatin and warm the pureed mixture. Add gelatin to the warm puree, pour it into a mould of your choice. Allow it to cool and put it into the refrigerator to set.
- Once set, demould on a bed of lettuce and serve with grape coulis. Garnish with sliced apples.
For the grape coulis -
- Puree the grapes, strain and add sugar and salt.
- Put it on a slow flame until the juice reduces to 1/3rd of the original amount.
- Cool and store it in bottles. Use droplets of the same on the plate to finish.