Achaari Paneer Sabji
- 6 Months ago
Achaari paneer is a delicious accompaniment, which abrosbs the flavors from the mixture of seeds used in the seasoning. A simple mix of curd, flour, and masala forms the base for this delicious cottage cheese recipe.
Preparation Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
Cottage Cheese (Paneer) Cubes- 1 cup
Fennel Seeds (Sauf)- 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds (Rai)- ¼ tsp
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)- 5 to 6
Kalonji (Nigella) Seeds- 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- ½ tsp
Asafetida (Hing)- ½ tsp
Thinly-Sliced Onion- ½ cup
Turmeric Powder (Haldi)- ½ tsp
Chili Powder- ½ tsp
Black Salt (Sanchal)- ½ tsp
Fresh Curds (Dahi)- ¾ cup
Maida- 1 tsp
Finely-Chopped Fresh Coriander- 3 tbsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
- Mix sauf, mustard seeds, methi, kalonji, cumin seeds, and hing together in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a nonstick kadai and add the seed mixture to it.
- When the seeds begin to crackle, add the chopped onions and sauté till they turn slightly translucent. Make sure you don’t burn the seeds while crackling.
- Add the paneer, haldi, chili powder, and sanchal, and stir for a minute or two.
- Now add the curd, sprinkle maida, and mix together.
- Seasoned with salt and bring it to boil.
- Garnish with finely-chopped coriander and serve hot with rice or rotis.
- If the curd is sour add a teaspoon of milk while serving.