Broccoli & Walnut Soup
- 5 Months ago
Try this magical tonic for strong bones! The milk…The broccoli and… The Walnuts… They all provide plentiful calcium necessary for development and growth of the bones. Furthermore, walnuts are a good source of omega-3 fatty acid that not only protect your heart but also gives you a wonderful skin.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes: 4 servings
Chopped broccoli- 2 cups
Chopped onions- ¼ cup
Roughly chopped boiled potatoes- ¼ cup
Corn flour- 2 tsp
Milk- 1 cup
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Chopped Walnuts- ¼ cup
- Mix 2tsp of corn flour in milk and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan; add the chopped onions and sauté on medium flame for a minute.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water to it and cook until the broccolis are done, while stirring occasionally.
- Once done, cool the mixture and blend it in a mixer along with potatoes to make a smooth puree.
- Transfer the puree into a deep pan, add milk and bring it to a boil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and serve hot.