Can the right foods help in conception?
- 8 Months ago
Does your Nutritionist keep repeating that phrase"You are what you eat'? Yes! She is right. Your food not only influences your overall health and prevents you from developing many lifestyle related disorders, but also can influence your fertility levels. Surprised? Read to know more...
• Rethink before choosing refined carbs as they may not reduce your chances of conception, but can surely change your body! This is especially true for women with PCOS, as highly refined cereal intake increases body weight thus, complicating PCOS, leading to infertility.
• Micro nutrients like vitamin A, folic acid and vitamin B12 affect your baby's development. So remember to grab your cup of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts.
• Eat iron rich foods, as iron deficiency in women can lead to infertility. So remember to get your iron levels checked before planning to conceive. If the levels are low, go for iron supplements to improve your chances of conception.
• Get your eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia nervosa treated as it increases your chances of getting pregnant by 70-80%.
• For those who drink alcohol, remember to drink alcohol sparingly and curb caffeine intake while planning for a baby.
• A healthy diet comprising of sufficient intake of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fish is not only important for you. It is equally important for your partner as it can improve the motility of sperms leading to increased chances of pregnancy!
• Studies suggest that diets rich in red meats and processed grains can impair the motility of sperms!
• Diets high in trans-fat lowers the amount of sperm in the semen. So you now know what to avoid in his diet.
Remember, the healthier you are, the better are the chances of conception; also better are the chances of a healthy pregnancy and a baby!