Drinking Water From A Copper Vessel
- 11 Months ago
Copper is an essential trace mineral that is vital to human health. It has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps neutralize toxins. Our bodies cannot synthesize copper, so you need to get it from dietary sources.
According to Ayurveda, drinking copper-enriched water in the morning on an empty stomach helps balance all three Doshas (Kapha, Vata and Pitta). This also ensures proper functioning of different organs and several metabolic processes.
It is believed by alternate therapists that storing water in a copper vessel kills harmful bacteria and viruses that are present in the water. This ancient practice was followed even when bacteria was unknown to science! Today, researchers are saying that while bacteria can survive for a longer period in water kept in stainless steel vessels, they get destroyed in a few hours when water is stored at room temperature in a copper vessel.
If you wish to use a copper vessel for drinking water, store the water for a minimum of 8 hours and then drink it. It is said that this water should be taken at room temperature and not otherwise. The vessel needs to be washed regularly and kept clean. Srubbing with tamarind is a great way of cleaning a copper vessel, and it's eco-friendly too!