- 10 Months ago
Green leafy vegetables are the excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium, and vitamin B6, dietary fiber, and copper. Green leafy vegetables when used regularly can be of great benefit.
This recipe is pretty easy to prepare and a yummy one too. You can try this with the following ingredients. I have included spinach; you can substitute any other green leafy vegetable of your interest.This can be a great recipe for your kid as an evening snack.
•Preparation time - After the dough is ready, 15 minutes.
•Servings - 10-12 pieces of vada
•Moong Dal - 2 cups
•Channa dal - 1 cup
•Spinach - 1 bunch
•Rice - 1/2 cup
•Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
•Green chilies - 3-4
•Asafetida powder - 1 pinch
•salt, to taste
•oil, to deep fry
1. Wash and soak the dals and rice in seven cups of water for two to three hours.
2. Clean, wash and blanch the spinach leaves in two cups of hot water for two to three minutes. Drain and chop finely.
3. Peel, wash and grate the ginger.
4. Remove the stems, wash and roughly chop the green chilies.
5. Drain the dals and rice and coarsely grind them along with the ginger, green chilies and asafoetida.
6. Add the chopped spinach and salt to taste and mix well.
7. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Make small balls of the prepared mixture and deep-fry them until they are crisp and brown.
8. Drain the Keerai Vada onto absorbent paper towels and serve hot with chutney of your choice.