Keep Your Stomach Safe In Summer
- 10 Months ago
The hot months are here and food spoilage is higher than in other seasons. Some unlucky people might suffer from loose stools or vomiting or stomach flu as a result of eating stale or spoilt food.
Here's how you can save your food from dying and prevent stomach infections -
- Avoid street (road-side) foods, unless they come from clean carts handled by clean persons.
- Do not eat cut fruits kept in the open for a long time.
- Stay away from raw foods (fresh juices, salads, etc), if you are not sure of where and how they are prepared.
- When you eat cooked foods, make sure they are warm / hot / freshly prepared as far as possible. Cooked foods at room temperature in hot weather speed up bacterial growth.
- If you feel like eating chaat, prepare it at home or buy from a clean place. Avoid pani puri (puchka / golgappa) if you are not sure of the water source.
- Refrigerate foods like ice-cream, cheese, cold cuts, curd, etc, at the right temperatures.
- Drink water or juices or lassi or milkshakes only from hygienic places.
Stay safe and healthy in summer!