Minty Bean Salsa
- 6 Months ago
Minty bean salsa makes for a good accompaniment to a main dish. The fresh mint, tomato, coriander, and lemon used, not only gives zing to the dish but also increases the nutritional value by providing essential nutrients like vitamin A and C, folic acid, and iron. You can serve it at room temperature or serve it chilled.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Approximately 15 to 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Black Eyed Peas (Lobhia/Chowli)- 1 ½ cups, soaked
Mint Leaves- 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Cucumber- ½ cups, chopped
Onions- ½ cups, finely chopped
Tomatoes- ½ cups, finely chopped
Fresh Tomato Puree or Ketchup- 1 to 2 tbsp (optional)
Coriander- 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Green Chilies- ½ tsp, finely chopped
Black Salt- ¼ tsp
Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
- Pressure cook 1 ½ cup of soaked black eyed peas (lobhia), 3 to 4 whistles.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
- ½ cup of dry black eyed peas will give you approximately 1 ½ cups when cooked.
- Make sure you don’t overcook the peas.