Nibble Guilt-Free With These
- 8 Months ago
Bored with the usual snacks like biscuits, khakras, dhoklas and fresh fruits and vegetables? Do try these below listed combo snack options -
1. Carrots and hummus: About 2 carrots dipped in 2 tablespoons of hummus.
2. Grilled pineapple: 2 inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup) grilled for two minutes or just raw.
3. Banana chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
4. Apples and peanut butter: ½ an apple sliced and dipped in 1 tsp of homemade peanut butter.
5. Strawberry with yogurt: ½ cup strawberries blended with ½ cup low fat yogurt.
6. Fruit salad and almonds: ½ cup of any fruit with 1 tbsp. small cut almonds as garnish.
7. Banana and shredded coconut: 1 small banana and 1 tsp of shredded coconut (as dipping).
8. Celery sticks stuffed with cottage cheese: 2 celery sticks filled with ½ bowl low fat cottage cheese
9. Sweet potato: 1 small sweet potato baked / unbaked with sprinkled pepper.
10. Lassi: 1 cup of low calorie lassi, spiced with cardamom and nutmeg.
11. Avocado salsa: ¼ of an avocado fruit mashed and blended with ½ cup tomato and 1 chopped white onion.
12. Cheesy snack: 10 cherry tomatoes mixed with 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese and 5 minced basil leaves.
These snacks can be great options at work too. Some of them may need refrigeration to stay fresh, so if you have a refrigerator at work, go ahead and carry them with you!