Nibble Guilt-Free With These
- 7 Months ago
Bored with the usual snacks like biscuits, khakras, dhoklas and fresh fruits and vegetables? Would you mind giving a try to the below listed combo snack options?
1. Carrots n' Hummus: About 2 carrots dipped in 2 tablespoons of hummus.
2. Grilled Pineapple: 2 inch thick pineapple rounds (about 1 cup) grilled for two minutes or just raw.
3. Banana Chips: One sliced banana dipped in lemon juice and baked.
4. Apples n Peanut Butter: ½ an apple sliced and dipped in 1 tsp of homemade peanut butter.
5. Mix dry fruits: 2 figs, 5 almonds, 5 cashews at one go.
6. Strawberry yogurt: ½ cup strawberries blended with ½ cup low fat yogurt.
7. Fruit salad n almonds: 1/2cup of any fruits with 1tbsp of small cut almonds as garnish.
8. Banana n shredded coconut: 1 small banana and 1 tsp of shredded coconut (as dipping).
9. Celery sticks stuffed with cottage cheese: 2 celery sticks filled with ½ katori of low fat cottage cheese
10. Soups: Any vegetable soup can be a filling snack with full of goodness.
11. Kiwi: 2 kiwis loaded with vitamin C make a nice change to the common fruits.
12. Sweet potato: 1 small sweet potato baked/ unbaked with sprinkled pepper.
13. Lassi - 1 cup of low calorie lassi, spiced with cardamom and nutmeg.
14. Avocado salsa: ¼ of an avocado fruit mashed and blended with ½ cup tomato and 1 chopped white onion.
15. Cheesy snack: 10 cherry tomatoes mixed with ½ oz. crumbled feta cheese and 5 minced basil leaves.
These snacks can be great options at work too. Some of them may need refrigeration to stay fresh, so if you have a refrigerator at work, go ahead and carry them with you!
Share your "100-calorie snack" ideas with us, so we can have some exciting snacks to carry to work every day!