Nutrition For AIDS
- 10 Months ago
The researches for treatment which will totally cure HIV are still on... But we definitely know what kind of nutrition makes the HIV positive persons feel healthier and fight stronger. Immunity booster diet is the key to fight AIDS. Let us quickly go through the nutritional highlights for the same -
- The diet should provide sufficient energy to the person to sustain the ill-effects strongly.
- Energy comes from high carbohydrate, moderate fat diet. Include a variety of whole grains, sufficient amount of oils and a variety of oils (to get all kinds of essential fatty acids).
- Go for protein - have all the varieties of dals, sprouts, legumes, soybean and its products; milk and milk products like curd, paneer, (cheese occasionally) to meet the demands for increased strength.
- If you are a non vegetarian, have well cooked eggs, lean cuts of chicken and fish in your diet regularly.
- Be friends with all the vegetables and fruits - they are your immune boosters! Have at least 2 to 3 varieties of vegetables and 1 to 2 different fruits every day.
- Consume good amount of water to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
- Avoid eating out at unhygienic places, to avoid any kind of infections.
- If you are feeling very weak, avoid any raw foods. Steam or sauté your vegetables. Have fruits like banana, oranges and sweet lime as soon as you remove the cover.
- Consult a Dietitian to get a personalized diet prescription. He/she will help you to decide if you need any nutritional supplements. If yes, which ones and how much.
- Have regular follow ups with your Physician and the Dietitian.
Most importantly, do not lose hope! You can lead a good life if you take the necessary care!