Stuffed Capsicum Dhokla
- 5 Months ago
Give a twist to your typical dhokla by stuffing it in capsicum.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
For the khaman batter:
Bengal gram flour (besan)- 1 cup
Semolina (rawa)- 1 ½ Tbsp
Ginger-Green chili paste- 1 tsp
Lemon juice- 1 tsp or citric acid- ½ tsp
Fruit salt or Plain Eno – 1 ½ tsp
Oil for greasing – ¼ tsp
Capsicum (shimla mirchi)- 8 large
For the tempering:
Mustard seeds (rai)- 1 tsp
Sesame seeds (Til)- 1 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing)- a pinch
Curry leaves (Kaddi patta)- 4-6 no
Oil- 2 tbsp
Finely chopped coriander leaves- 2 Tbsp
- To make the khaman batter, mix all the ingredients together using enough water, except the fruit salt to make a thick batter and keep aside.
- Cut the capsicum vertically into halves and deseed them.
- Boil enough water in a steamer.
- Add the fruit salt in the batter, mix well and pour them into each capsicum and steam them in a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Prick the dhokla with a tooth pick to check if it’s done. The tooth pick should come out clean.
- Let the capsicums cool. Once cooled cut them into 2 pieces.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add mustard seeds, when they splutter add the sesame seeds, hing, and curry leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Add the capsicum stuffed dhokla and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
- Always mix the batter with hands to break the lumps if any.