Top 10 quick & wholesome breakfasts
- 5 Months ago
A good way to start the day is with a healthy breakfast, one that gives you energy, keeps you active, and is high on nutrition. Yet, with the time constraint and our busy lifestyles, only few of us are privileged enough to sit down to a good spread every day. The rest of us, sadly, have to make do with what we have. But that doesn’t mean it should be unhealthy. Here are a few quick, no-fuss breakfast options that are easy to make and good to eat:
- Milk and cornflakes with slices of apple and banana
- Peeled almonds with a glass of milk and a bowl of broken wheat porridge
- Multi-fiber parathas with chopped and spiced onions and curd
- Oatmeal porridge
- Poha (beaten rice) with peas, tomato, onion, chilies, or beans to make filling recipe
- Moong sprouts with a pinch of salt and chopped vegetables like green chilies, tomatoes, onions, and cucumber
- Kheer with fox nuts (makhana), chopped almonds, and pistachios- in small quantities
- Moong dal chilla- mix moong dal batter with finely-chopped onions, coriander, capsicum, cheese, and chillies
- Hard-/soft-boiled eggs with 100% whole wheat or multigrain bread
- A bowl of sliced fruits such as apples, bananas, mangoes, papayas, kiwis, or any other fruit of your choice.
Breakfast, being the first meal of the day, should be planned keeping nutrition in mind. A well-planned first meal can help you deal with undue hunger pangs and problems related to unhealthy eating. A little creativity with your meal planning can pay off in a big way to keeping fit and staying healthy.