Tricolor Uttapam Pizza
- 5 Months ago
The tricolor uttapam pizza is a colorful and appealing dish, which is both nutritious and flavorful. The combination of various veggies like carrots, corn, capsicum, onions, and tomatoes makes this dish an extremely healthy breakfast option for kids.
Soaking Time: 2 hours
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Fermenting Time: 4 hours
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Dosa Batter- 250g
Finely-Chopped Onions- 3, small
Finely-Chopped Tomatoes- 2
Boiled Sweet Corn (Makai Dana)- ¼ cup
Finely-Chopped Capsicum- ¼ cup
Grated Carrot- ¼ cup
Lemon Juice- 3 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Salt- To taste
Oil- For cooking
Cheese- To garnish
Coconut Chutney/ Ketchup or Sambhar
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan, add onions and sauté until they turn golden brown in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt and cook for some time. Turn off the gas and keep aside.
- Keep the corn, capsicum, and carrot in 3 different bowls.
- Heat a nonstick tava or griddle on medium flame.
- Once hot, put a ladle of batter on it and spread it evenly outwards.
- Spread a tablespoon of onion and tomato sauce on it.
- Spread the capsicum, carrots, and corn to make 3 different layers on the uttapam.
- Cook on both sides.
- Garnish the top with a little cheese.
- Serve hot with either chutney/ketchup or sambhar.
Tip: Arrange the vegetables in a way that you get three different layers on the uttapam.