Yellow Pancakes on Banana Leaf
- 5 Months ago
This protein-rich, low calorie snack is ideal to satisfy the 4 o’clock hunger pangs. It uses whole moong dal that can keep one filled for a long time and the goodness of banana leaf, known for its medicinal properties, for cooking
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 3 servings
- Moong Dal- ½ cup, soaked for 2 to 3 hrs
- Gram Flour (Besan)- 1 tsp
- Curd- 1 tbsp
- Green Chilies- 2
- Asafoetida (Hing)- A pinch
- Corriander Leaves- 1 tbsp
- Banana Leaf- 1
- Sugar- 1 pinch
- Lemon Juice- ½ tsp
- Salt- To taste
- Oil- For greasing
- Cut the banana leaf into squares.
- Drain the soaked moong dal and grind it with fresh curd, green chillies, and sugar. Add the gram flour, lemon juice, and asafetida.
- Grease the banana leaves lightly.
- Spread one spoon of the mixture on one leaf and cover with another leaf.
- Roast on a pan on medium flame until brown spots appear on both sides. Cover the pan while cooking.
- Serve hot with coriander and mint chutney.
Nutritional Value (per serving)
- Energy- 57 kcal
- Carbohydrate- 8.4g
- Fat- 0.7g