Yellow Pancakes on Banana Leaf
- 5 Months ago
This protein-rich snack is ideal for diabetics to satisfy the 4 o’clock hunger pangs. It uses whole moong dal that can keep one filled for a long time and the goodness of banana leaf, known for its medicinal properties, for cooking.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
Moong Dal- ½ cup, soaked for 2 to 3 hrs
Gram Flour (Besan)- 1 tsp
Curd- 1 tbsp
Green Chilies- 2
Asafoetida (Hing)- A pinch
Corriander Leaves- 1 tbsp
Banana Leaf- 1
Sugar- 1 pinch
Lemon Juice- ½ tsp
Salt- To taste
Oil- For greasing
- Cut the banana leaf into squares.
- Drain the soaked moong dal and grind it with fresh curd, green chillies, and sugar. Add the gram flour, lemon juice, and asafetida.
- Grease the banana leaves lightly.
- Spread one spoon of the mixture on one leaf and cover with another leaf.
- Roast on a pan on medium flame until brown spots appear on both sides. Cover the pan while cooking.
- Serve hot with coriander and mint chutney.
Nutritional Value (per serving)
Energy- 57 kcal