Benefits of Being Physically Active
- 12 Months ago
Everyone has a desire to be in the pink of health. One of the contributing factors for it is by being physically active. Some of its benefits are listed below:
- Physical activity reduces stress and tension, making you a relaxed person.
- You have more energy and feel less tired.
- Exercise can increase your skills.
- Physical activity releases endorphins - these are the body's natural "feel good" chemicals.
- Your muscles become stronger with more physical activity.
- You have a better sleep when you are regularly active.
- Being healthy means looking your best - this can increase your self-esteem, which can be achieved by
- You can use strenuous physical activity as a way of reducing your anger.
- Physical activity means a strong heart and lungs - they'll last longer.
- Exercise can also be a way of socializing - making new friends, enjoying the fun of a social team game together, or chatting while you walk, play tennis or bike ride together.
Increasing the levels of physical activity may benefit health through positive effects on:
- Body weight and composition;
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoarthritis and low back pain;
- Mental and psychological health by reducing depression, anxiety and stress;
- Control over risky behaviors particularly among children and young people (e.g. tobacco use, alcohol/
substance use, unhealthy diet and violence).
Being physically active involves moving your body and using energy (expressed in kilocalories, Kcals) at an intensity that makes you warm and breathe a bit deeper than usual (such as brisk walking). Anyone can do this and achieve a healthier lifestyle!