Benefits of Meditation
- 12 Months ago
Meditation is a mental discipline by which the practitioner attempts to get beyond the reflexive, "thinking" mind into a deeper state of relaxation or awareness.
Meditation is a component of many religions, and has been practiced since antiquity. It is also practiced outside religious traditions. Different meditative disciplines encompass a wide range of spiritual or psychophysical practices that may emphasize different goals - from achievement of a higher state of consciousness, to greater focus, creativity or self-awareness, or simply a more relaxed and peaceful frame of mind.
Health Benefits Of Meditation Include:
- It increases serotonin production which influences mood and behavior. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and headaches.
- Enhances the immune system. Research has revealed that meditation increases activity of 'natural-killer cells', which kill bacteria and cancer cells.
- Good for people with high blood pressure because it helps bring the blood pressure down.
- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
- Ability to let go of negative emotions such as anger and paranoia.
- Helping in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis, etc.
- Increasing blood flow and slowing the heart rate.
- Increasing exercise tolerance in heart patients.
- Leads to a deeper level of relaxation.
- Enhances confidence and self control.
- Improves concentration.
- Ability to focus and work efficiently.
- Improves posture.
- Improves health.
- Decreases muscle tension.
- Lowers oxygen consumption.
- Decreases respiratory rate.
- Reduces pre- menstrual syndrome (PMS).
- Helps in post-operative healing.