Heart Healthy Tips
- 10 Months ago
Listed here are some do-able tips to keep your heart healthy and ticking.
- Choose health-building foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, etc.
- Practice portion control. Do not eat more than what you should. Leave your plate when your stomach feels 3/4th full.
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast.
- Include nuts in your daily diet.
- Avoid Trans fats and ready-to-eat foods that usually contain Trans fats.
- Move your body. If you can't find time for regulated exercise, climb stairs, clean your house, take up dancing, gardening or anything that gets you moving.
- Choose foods carefully when you eat out.
- Look for hidden traps in food labels.
- Make sure HDL cholesterol levels are high, and LDL cholesterol levels are within normal limits.
- Reduce stress levels through meditation, pranayam or biofeedback.
- Knock off your excess weight and waistline.
- Get adequate sleep.
Take charge of your heart health!