Live a Healthier Life....Starting Today
- 11 Months ago
"When diet goes wrong, medicine is of no use; when diet is correct, medicine is of no need"
This is a famous saying that throws light on the importance of nutrition. We meet the doctor when in need but neglect the diet when we feel we are healthy!!!
The National Nutrition Week is celebrated from 1st to 7th September every year in India. During this week, people actually give more importance to the diet or food pattern that they follow. This should not just be limited for a week instead we should adopt good eating pattern for a lifetime...starting now. The topic of Nutrition is an ocean. But we have a small blog on basic nutrition for our dear clients. Read along to know more...
AIM FOR FITNESS
* Aim to manage your weight: Maintain a healthy weight for your height.
* Be physically active: Diet is the spark and exercise is the fuel. Without both, there exists no fire and no results.
BUILD A HEALTHY BASE
* Opt for a diet low in saturated fats and cholesterol: More the saturated fats and cholesterol in your diet, more the risk of heart problems.
* Limit your intake of sugars: Keep extra sugars at bay to avoid piling on extra calories.
* Prepare foods with less salt: Limit salt to maintain a healthy blood pressure.
CHOOSE AND SHOP SENSIBLY
* Let the food pyramid guide your food choices: To be healthy and fit, do not reverse it.
* Choose a variety of grains and pulses: Colour your food right with yellow, brown and white.
* Fruits & vegetables: Add more colour to your platter, to make you fitter.