5 Tricks To Prevent Your Nail Polish From Chipping
- 5 Months ago
Are you worried about your polish chipping in a day or two? Look no further! Here are some of the best ways to ensure that your polish lasts longer without chipping.
- Avoid Water: Before you apply your base coat to ensure that your nails are completely dry. The best way to ensure that is to buff the nails and then apply a base coat followed by the nail polish.
- Avoid Oils: Always wash your nails well before applying your polish. Excess oil, lotions, or cuticle creams may not allow the polish to adhere to your nails. This may lead to chipping.
- Allow Nails to Dry: Keep at least 2 minutes gap between each coat of the nail polish. For darker shades keep at least 3 minutes gap, as they take longer to dry.
- Go for a Chip-Resistant Top Coat: Allow your polish to dry completely before you apply the top coat. This will ensure that your manicure lasts for a longer time.
- Dip your Nails in Ice Cold Water: When you’re done painting your nails, dip your fingers in ice cold water as it hardens the polish and sets it.
Follow these tips before you put on a fresh coat of polish and make your manicure last for days!