Apples Stuffed with Sondesh in Kesar Sauce
- 5 Months ago
This delicately flavored low-calorie dessert is an absolute delight to eat!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
For the Apples:
Medium-Sized Apple- 4
Sugar- 2 tbsp
Lemon Juice- ½ tbsp
Kesar- ¼ tsp mixed with 1 tsp water
For the Stuffing:
Low-Fat Paneer- ¾ cup
Low-Fat Milk- 1 tbsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp (or) Sugar Substitute- ½ tsp (optional)
Rose Essence- 1/4 tsp
Almonds- 2, sliced thinly
• Cut the apples into halves, scrape out their centers and set aside.
• Add 2 cups of water, sugar, lemon juice, and apples into a nonstick sauce pan and cook on low flame, until they turn slightly soft.
• Remove the apples from the sugar syrup and keep aside.
• Boil the remaining syrup until it turns thick and keep aside.
• Blend the paneer, low fat milk, and sugar in a mixer together until smooth and creamy. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.
• Now stuff the apples with the stuffing.
• Arrange them on a plate.
• Drizzle the sauce on them and refrigerate.
• Garnish with almonds slices and serve chilled.