Benefits of Expressive Writing
- 6 Months ago
Expressive writing is an extensively used psychological technique that asks people to disclose their deepest thoughts and feelings regarding traumatic experiences, anything from the loss of a loved one to an existential crisis. This technique can lead to elimination of negative thoughts and feelings regarding any fastidious experience and may help in accepting those moments.
Here are a few benefits of expressive writing:
• Beneficial in dealing with traumatic and stressful experiences
• Expressive writing has helped cancer victims
• Proven to help individuals who experience post traumatic stress symptoms
• It's also effective for dealing with trauma and loss
• Helps one's thoughts become less prejudiced by irrational beliefs
• It helps to develop greater personal growth and increased self-control
• Expressive writing reduces depressive symptoms
• This also helps with different health conditions such as arthritis, asthma, fibromyalgia and chronic pain
This technique helps vent emotions and makes cognitive processing easier. If you're someone who is not comfortable talking about your feelings to a loved one, you should give this technique a try!