- 6 Months ago
These cheesy and crunchy tikkis are surely going to steal the hearts of your fussy kids. The paneer and cheese stuffing inside, gives these tikkis a yummy and healthy twist.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6 Tikkis
For The Tikkis:
Finely-Chopped Broccoli- 1 cup
Finely-Chopped Onions- 1 cup
Finely-Chopped Garlic- 2 tsp
Finely-Chopped Green Chilies- 1 tbsp
Boiled, Peeled, and Mashed Potatoes- ½ cup
Corn Flour- 1 ½ tbsp
Oil- 2 tsp
Salt- To taste
Oil for Greasing and Cooking- 1 tsp
For the Stuffing:
Grated Paneer- ¼ cup
Grated Mozzarella Cheese- 2 tbsp
• Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a nonstick pan, add the chopped onion, and sauté on medium flame for 2 minutes until they turn translucent.
• Add the garlic and green chilies, and sauté on medium flame for 5 minutes.
• Now add the chopped broccoli and salt, and cook on medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool
• Once the broccoli mixture cools, add potatoes and corn flour, and mix well.
• Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions.
• Mix the paneer and cheese in a bowl and keep aside.
• Shape the tikkis into small balls and flatten them.
• Press a little in the center and stuff with the paneer and cheese mixture. Roll again to seal properly and flatten again.
• Grease the nonstick pan with very little oil and cook the tikkis until they turn golden brown on both sides.
• Serve hot with ketchup.