- 6 Months ago
A chaat-inspired starter, which you can pop in without worrying about calories!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 25 pieces/5 servings
Fresh Curd- 2 cups
Cucumber Slices- 25
Moong Sprouts- 1 cup (Soak 1/3 cup of moong for 6 to 8 hours, drain, and keep covered overnight)
Onion- 1 small, finely chopped
Green Chili- 1, finely chopped
Fresh Coriander- 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Sweet Tamarind (Imli) & Dates (Khajoor) Chutney- ½ cup
Pudhina Chutney- ½ cup
Chat Masala- ½ tsp
Jeera Powder- ½ tsp
Black Pepper Powder- To taste
Salt- As per taste
• Make hung curd by knotting it in a muslin cloth for 30 minutes to drain the excess water.
• Boil 2 cups of water in a vessel, add ½ tsp salt and moong sprouts, and let boil for 5 minutes.
• Remove from heat, drain and keep aside to cool.
• Transfer the hung curd into a bowl and beat until smooth.
• Mix in sprouts and chili and keep aside.
• Arrange the cucumber slices on a plate.
• Top it up with chopped onion, sweet chutney, pudina chutney, curd-sprout mixture, and salt to taste.
• Garnish with chat masala, jeera powder, black pepper powder, and chopped coriander, and serve.