Dudhi Jawar Muthiya
- 6 Months ago
Dudhi Jawar Muthiya is a flavorful, healthy, and fiber-rich dish that can be served as a farsaan at mealtime or can be had as a healthy snack at tea time.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Grated Dudhi (Bottle Gourd)- 1 cup
Jowar Flour- 1 cup
Curd- ¼ cup
Chopped Coriander- 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice - ½ tbsp
Ginger & Green Chili Paste- 1 tsp
Grated Garlic - 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
Soda Bi-Carbonate- 1 pinch
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
Oil- 1/2 tsp (for greasing)
Oil- 2 tbsp
Jeera- 1 tsp
Hing- ¼ tsp
Curry Leaves- 3 to 4 nos.
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead together to make a soft dough.
2. Make 4 cylindrical rolls of approx 5" length.
3. Keep the rolls on a greased thali and steam them for 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
4. Prick the roll with a tooth pick to check if it is cooked all the way through. The tooth pick should come out clean.
5. Cool the rolls and cut them into small pieces.
6. Now heat oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
7. When the cumin seeds splutter, add hing and curry leaves.
8. Finally add the sliced muthiyas and sauté till they turn slightly brown.
9. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chutney.