Grilled Capsicum Soup
- 6 Months ago
This simple delectable soup is rich in folic acid and vitamin A. Rich in fiber and antioxidants, this soup will help keep your cholesterol in check and prevent heart disease.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Red Capsicum- 2 (whole)
Medium-Sized Tomatoes- 4 (cut into quarters)
Bay Leaves- 2
Corn Flour- 1 ½ tbsp (Mixed with milk to make corn flour paste)
Low Fat Milk- ½ cup
Sugar- ½ tsp
Salt- To taste
• Pierce the capsicum with a fork and roast on a medium flame until it turns black on all sides. You can also grill it.
• Cool the capsicums and keep aside.
• Once cooled, remove the skin, stem and seeds, and roughly chop them.
• Add tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, and 3 cups of water in a deep nonstick pan and simmer on a medium flameuntil the tomatoes cook and turn soft.
• Cool the tomatoes and throw out the bay leaves.
• Add the tomatoes and capsicum in a blender and blend until smooth.
• Transfer the blended puree back to the pan, add the corn flour paste, and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
• Season with salt and sugar, and mix well.
• Serve hot.