Gujrathi Aam Kadhi
- 6 Months ago
Gujrathi Aam Kadhi is a delicious yoghurt-base curry that is sweet, tangy, and spicy; all at the same time. Savor this delicious dish with parathas, rice, chapattis, or desi channa, this mango season.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 to 5 servings
Pureed Mangoes- 1 cup
Yoghurt- 1 cup
Channa Flour- 3 tbsp
Red Chili Powder- ½ tsp
Haldi Powder- ½ tsp
Hing- ¼ tsp
Jaggery- 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds- ½ tsp
Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
Dalchini (Cinnamon) Stick- 1" piece
Red Chili (Dry)- 1 no.
Green Chilies (Slit)- 2 no.
Grated Ginger- 1 tsp
Curry Leaves- 5 to 6 nos.
Chopped Coriander Leaves- 1 tbsp
Salt- To taste
• Mix all the ingredients along with 2 cups of water in a bowl until it is well combined.
• Now bring the mixture to a boil, while stirring continuously.
• Once the kadhi comes to a boil, turn the heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Heat ghee in a sauce pan, add mustard and cumin, and let them splutter.
• Add cinnamon, dry chili, and curry leaves, and stir for a few seconds.
• Pour the tadka over the simmering kadhi.
• Turn off the gas and garnish it with chopped coriander.
• Serve hot with rice, chapatti, or paratha.