Healthy Apricot & Orange Cookies
- 6 Months ago
Try these healthy soft crunchy cookies recipe made with whole wheat flour, apricot and orange.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 16 cookies
Whole wheat flour- ¾ cup
Butter- ½ cup
Powdered sugar- ¼ cup
Baking powder- ¼ tsp
Baking soda- ¼ tsp
Dried chopped apricots- 1 ½ Tbsp
Cashews chopped- 1 ½ Tbsp
Orange juice- 2 tsp
Orange zest- 1 tsp
Milk- 1/3 cup
A little butter to grease
• Pre-heat the Oven at 160 degree Celsius.
• Take ¾ cup of wheat flour in a bowl.
• Add baking soda and baking powder in the wheat flour and sift it thrice and keep aside.
• Add dried apricots, cashews, orange juice, orange zest, butter and milk to the wheat flour.
• Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead to make soft dough.
• Pour the dough into a piping bag fitted with an outsized nozzle.
• Grease your baking tray with a little butter
• Pipe out 1 ½ " diameter cookies on the greased baking tray.
• Bake the cookies in the oven for twenty to twenty five minutes or until the cookies are golden brown in color.
• Cool and store them in an air tight container.
Note: If you are diabetic, you can use artificial sweetener instead of sugar to make them sugar free.