Healthy Couscous Salad
- 6 Months ago
Couscous is a nutritious Mediterranean grain which can often be used in salads as well as in main course. In this recipe, couscous has been used to make a healthy, nutritious, multi-textured salad, which makes a great alternative to the normal calorie-laden snacks. If you find it difficult to find couscous, you can replace the couscous with our very own dalia.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Couscous- ½ cup
Cucumber Cubes- 1 cup
Chopped Tomatoes- 1 cup
Broccoli Florets- 1 cup
Sliced Mushrooms - 1 cup
Torn Lettuce- 1 cup
For the Dressing:
Finely Chopped Mint Leaves- ¼ cup
Lemon Juice- 1 tbsp
Olive Oil- ½ tsp
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper Powder- To taste
• Add 1 ½ cup of water to a sauce pan, with a bit of salt (to taste), and bring it to boil.
• Add the couscous to the saucepan, turn off the heat, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
• Allow the couscous to soak water. The couscous should be light and fluffy and not gummy.
• To make the dressing, mix ½ tsp of olive oil, finely chopped mint leaves, lemon, salt and pepper together.
• Add all the vegetables to the couscous.
• Pour the dressing and mix everything well.
• Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
• Serve chilled.