Healthy Popsicles to Beat the Summer Heat!!
- 6 Months ago
Nothing can beat the summer heat and relax you after a long day like a chilled juicy popsicle! It is a great treat for children and guests at home. Here are a few recipes for you to try:
Mixed - fruit yogurt ice pops
• Blueberries, strawberries and sliced banana - 2 cups
• Plain yogurt-2 cups
• Sugar- ¼ cup
• Popsicle sticks- 8nos
• Paper cups-8nos
• Blend fruits, yogurt and sugar in a blender until smooth or chunky as desired.
• Fill this mixture in paper cups upto 3/4th full. Cover the top of the cup with an aluminium foil and poke the popsicle stick through the centre of each cup.
• Freeze them for 5 hours. To serve, peel off the paper cup and remove the foil.
Cool Watermelon Pops
• Deseeded and cubed watermelon- 2 1/2 cups
• Lemon juice- 1teaspoon
• Sugar- ¼ cup
• Salt- 1 pinch
• Blend all the ingredients together until completely smooth.
• Pour the mixture into ice pop moulds and insert popsicle sticks.
• Freeze them until firm for several hours or overnight.
This recipe can be repeated with other fruits too like oranges, mango, pineapples or musk melons.
Cucumber Mint Pops
• De-skinned, de-seeded and diced cucumber- 3 cups
• Fresh mint leaves - 8-10 nos
• Fresh lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
• Honey - 3 teaspoons
• Blend cucumber into a fine mixture.
• Add lemon juice, minced mint leaves and honey to this mixture.
• Mix well and pour it into popsicle moulds.
• Freeze it overnight until firm.
These are just a few ideas to trigger your creativity. While you enjoy your own unique popsicle recipes, do not forget to share it with us!