Home Remedies for Your Skin
- 6 Months ago
Our skin is very delicate and it is the first level of defense that our body comes in contact with. Can you imagine the amount of stress it is put through everyday when it’s exposed to so many pollutants in the air? Blemishes, eruptions, patches and sallow skin are often related to inappropriate skin care, inadequate healthy lifestyles, diet, lack of exercise and exposure to environmental pollutants.
A healthy diet can help in better digestion and hence,help incleansing the system. Exercising helps in sweating and hence, removes toxins from the body. Any kind of skin problem is said to be aggravated due to stress, pollution, chemicals etc.
Acne and Pimples:
- Eat half a cup of Aloe Vera pulp (Do not eat if you are pregnant) or apply externally to the skin twice a day.Make sure you test if you’re allergic to aloe Vera before you apply it.
- Before going to bed, apply a paste of 1 Tsp. coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder. Wash off with warm water.
- Make a fine paste of cumin seeds and apply it on the skin. Leave it for 1 hour and wash off.
- Make a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves, apply it on your skin and wash off with warm water before going to bed.
- Grind five almonds and mix with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to the face and neck. Leave on for about fifteen minutes.
- Apply papaya juice, or mashed papaya, to the affected areas.
- Grind equal amounts of sesame seeds and turmeric in a small quantity of water and apply to the face or discolored skin.
- Make a paste from basil (tulsi) leaves and water and apply on the affected skin.
- Massage the face with ghee, almond oil or coconut oil before going to bed and wash off.
- Use grated cucumber in a face pack.
- Apply fresh aloe Vera gel to the skin.