- 6 Months ago
ed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle" />
The Kashmiri Kahwa has, for many years, been known as the magic tea of India. A single cup is more than enough to kick goodbye to your lethargy. Popular in the cold regions of Northern India, the Kahwa is consumed mainly because it warms the body and helps to treat respiratory illness. Read on for the recipe:
· 4 tsp Kashmiri Green Tea
· 4 pinches Saffron
· 2 cardamoms (elaichi), slightly crushed
· 8 almonds, blanched and chopped
· 1 stick cinnamon (dalchini)
· 2 cloves (optional)
· 2 tbsp sugar
1. Boil 3 cups of water with cinnamon, cloves, cardamom. Add tea and allow it to infuse over low flame.
2. Meanwhile, dissolve saffron in a little water by rubbing it gently.
3. Strain the tea and add the liquid saffron and almonds.
4. Serve hot.