- 6 Months ago
Lettuce wrap is a fiber rich tasty recipe with an added benefit of vitamin-A and vitamin-C along with the benefit of proteins which would be a good choice for the young and old in the family.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Makes 6 wraps
For the Stuffing
• 2 tsp oil
• 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
• 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
• 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
• 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
• 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
• 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
• 1/4 cup chopped bean sprouts
• 1/4 cup chopped tofu
• 1/2 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp soy sauce
• salt to taste
• 1/4 tsp dry red chilli flakes
• 6 lettuce leaves
• 1 tbsp roasted and coarsely powdered peanuts
• 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves for serving
For the stuffing
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic, ginger and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms, carrots and cabbage, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the bean sprouts, tofu, lemon juice, soya sauce, salt and red chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside to cool.
4. Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
1. Wash the lettuce leaves, dry them on a towel and keep aside.
2. Place a lettuce leaf on a clean, flat surface and place a portion of the stuffing along one side of the leaf.
3. Add ½ tsp of peanuts and ½ tsp of basil over the stuffing, roll it up gently and secure the roll by inserting a toothpick or tie using a spring onion green.
4. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more wraps.
5. Serve immediately.