- 12 Months ago
The liver has been long recognized as being one of the most important and powerful systems in the body. It's the body's garbage processor. It clears the system from toxins and metabolizes carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. This precious organ is in the upper right side of the abdomen. This three-pound organ is covered by the rib cage, and if a person breathes in, the edge of the liver can be felt just below the right edge of the rib cage. ??If the liver is not working properly, this may not be apparent at first. The liver is a very uncomplaining organ, however signs of poor liver function include:?• Discolored skin and eyes that appear yellowish ?• Abdominal pain and swelling ?• Itchy skin that doesn't seem to go away ?• Dark urine color ?• Pale stool color ?• Bloody or tar-colored stool ?• Chronic fatigue ?• Nausea ?• Loss of appetite
Healthy Liver- Dos &Donts
- Watch your weight. ?
- Get vaccinated if required, after consulting your physician?
- Use medications wisely only with your doctor's prescription.?
- Drink alcohol in moderation, if at all. ?
- Avoid contact with other people's blood and body fluids.
- Don't eat too many fatty foods. ?
- Don't use antibiotics or antacids unless absolutely necessary.?
- Don't mix drugs with alcohol. ?
- Avoid smoking.
Did you know??The liver is the largest and heaviest organ in the body!!