Low Calorie Asparagus Soup
- 6 Months ago
This asparagus soup is low in calories and is rich in vitamin E, mono unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants. This simple asparagus soup is easy to prepare, healthy and delicious.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 3 servings
- Chopped asparagus - 1 cup
- Chopped onions - ½ cup
- Peeled chopped potatoes - ½ cup
- Vegetable stock - 1 ½ cup
- Skimmed milk - ½ cup
- Refined olive oil - 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder to taste
- salt to taste
- Heat a non stick pan; add 2 tsp of oil and chopped onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped potatoes and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook over a low flame until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Now add the chopped asparagus and cook for a few more minutes.
- Cool the mixture.
- Blenderize the mixture in a mixer.
- Pour the pureed mixture back into the pan.
- Add the milk, black pepper powder, salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add a little more water if the soup gets thick.
- Garnish with fresh pepper powder and parsley.
To make vegetable stock
Add ¼ cup of chopped onions, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower and 6 cups of water in a pan. Add 2tbsp of chopped celery and cook for 20 minutes. Now strain it using a strainer.