Low Fat Apple Rabdi
- 7 Months ago
Traditionally, rabdi is a calorie rich dessert eaten on festive occasions. This "Low Fat Apple Rabdi" is a healthy fruity alternative to the traditional rabdi recipe. Low fat apple rabdi is made from low fat milk and apples. It is a great dessert option for diabetics, cardiac patients or those looking for weight loss.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 3 servings
Low fat milk- 3 cups
Grated apples- 3/4 cup
Elaichi(Cardamom powder) - ¼ tsp
Jaifal (Nutmeg) powder- a pinch
Sugar substitute- 1 tsp
• Boil milk in a deep non-stick pan and simmer it for 15 minutes, while stirring in between and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan.
• Now add the grated apple, stir well and simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring in between and scraping the sides of the pan.
• Add cardamom and nutmeg powder and mix well. Keep aside to cool.
• Once the rabdi has cooled, stir in the sugar substitute.
• Now refrigerate the rabdi for at least an hour.
• Serve chilled.
• Do not peel the apple as the skin of the apple is rich in fiber.
• Always select sweet apple for this recipe. Sour apples will split and curdle the milk.
• If you don't wish to use sugar substitute, then just reduce the quantity of sugar.