Low-Fat Garden salad
- 6 Months ago
Create your own creamy, low fat salad with garden fresh vegetables and greens. Rich in protein, vitamin A, folic acid and fiber, this recipe will definitely help you achieve your weight loss goals, control blood glucose levels, maintain heart health as well as nourish your skin and fight infections.
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 Minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
- For the dressing:
- Thick low-fat curd -2 Tbsp
- Skimmed milk powder- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Finely chopped celery- 1 Tbsp
- Finely chopped coriander - 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Mustard powder- ¼ tsp
- salt and black pepper powder to taste
For the salad
- Carrot cubes- ½ cup
- Red and yellow bell peppers- ½ cup
- Baby corn (cut into rounds) - ½ cup
- Bean sprouts- ½ cup
- Lettuce leaves - ½ cup
- Purple cabbage- ½ cup
- Shredded spinach- 1 cup
- Chopped spring onion greens- 1 Tablespoon
For the salad dressing
• Combine curd, skimmed milk powder, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.
• Add little water and whisk it together till smooth.
• Mix chopped celery and coriander and chill it in a refrigerator.
How to make the salad
• Make the vegetables crisp by adding them in ice cold water for 5 minutes.
• Drain the vegetables and wrap them in a muslin cloth to remove excess water.
• Mix the vegetables and dressing together.
• Serve chilled.