Natural relief for asthma
- 6 Months ago
Asthma is a common respiratory disorder in both adults and children. It is an episodic constriction of the bronchial tubes causing difficulty in breathing. Asthma is often considered as mysterious and frustrating to treat. An asthma attack can occur when an irritant, such as smoke, pollen or dust mites meets a set of temperamental lungs. Hormonal fluctuations, stress and anger can also trigger an attack. At other times, there may be no apparent cause.
Consider these natural remedies for asthma:
• Drink water as even mild hydration can elevate levels of histamine in the blood
• Inhale steam as it can open pores and loosen tight airways
• Eliminate environmental triggers such as pet dander, cigarette smoke etc
• Wash your hands frequently
• Eat a well balanced diet
• Avoid stress as stress lowers immune system functioning and makes it harder for the body to fight inflammation which can result in an asthma attack
• Practice deep breathing as it can help reduce the severity and frequency of your asthma attacks
• Try to eat small frequent meals and don't eat right before you go to bed. The upward migration of stomach acids that cause heartburn may also trigger asthma attacks
Because asthma is a serious illness, it's always best to talk to your doctor to guide you in treating your asthma symptoms!