Open Bean & Spaghetti Burger
- 6 Months ago
Made with crisp burger buns, assorted vegetables, beans and spaghetti, these tangy, lip-smacking bean burgers make a truly tempting snack.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
Baking Time: 15 minutes
Baking Temperature: 200°C
Makes: 4 open burgers
For the Topping:
Baked Beans (Boiled Rajma or Canned Beans)- ¾ cup
Melted Butter- 1 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Onions- ½ cup
Finely-Chopped Green Chilies- 1 ½ tsp
Tomato Ketchup- 2 tbsp
Cooked Spaghetti- ¾ cup
Boiled Mixed Vegetables- 1 cup (Broccoli, baby corn, sweet corn, green, yellow bell peppers, carrots), cut into cubes
Black Pepper Powder- To taste
Salt- To taste
Burger Buns- 2
Melted Butter- A little for brushing
White Sauce (Optional) - 4 tbsp
Grated Processed Cheese- 4 tbsp
For the Topping:
• Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a nonstick pan, add chopped onions, green chilies and sauté on medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
• Add beans, vegetables, and tomato ketchup.
• Mix well and cook for a minute.
• Add the cooked spaghetti, mix well and cook on medium flame for a minute, while stirring occasionally.
• Add salt, freshly-ground pepper. Mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
• Divide the topping into 4 equal parts.
For the Burger:
• Cut the burger buns horizontally into halves.
• Scoop out the center of the buns and brush each half with a little melted butter.
• Preheat the oven to 200°C and bake for 10 minutes.
• Fill the buns with the bean-spaghetti filling, top it up with white sauce, and some processed cheese.
• Bake again for 5 to 10 minutes till the cheese melts.
• Serve immediately.