Open-Faced Mushroom Sandwich
- 5 Months ago
Made with mushrooms, onion, chilies, oregano, tangy salsa, and buttered toast, this dish gives your taste buds a mélange of flavors that you will never forget. You will find it hard to believe that it takes just minutes to prepare this delicious low-calorie recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 open sandwiches
Whole-Wheat Bread Slices- 4 no
Butter- A little for spreading on the bread
For the Topping:
Chopped Button Mushrooms- 1 ½ cups
Dried Oregano- 1 ½ tsp
Butter- 2 tbsp
Maida- 1 ½ Tbsp
Finely-Chopped Green Chilies- 2 tsp
Finely-Chopped Parsley- 4 tbsp
Finely-Chopped Tomatoes- 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
• Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a broad non- stick pan, add onions and sauté on medium flame till they turn translucent.
• Add the maida and green chilies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
• Now add the mushrooms, oregano, and salt, and sauté on high flame for 5 minutes, till the mushrooms turn soft.
• Divide into 4 equal parts and keep aside.
• Toast the bread in a toaster or on a non-stick tawa and spread butter on the toasted bread slices.
• Top each of the toasted bread slices with a portion of the filling.
• Now top each slice with chopped parsley and tomatoes, and serve immediately.