Pancakes made from Left over Rice
- 6 Months ago
Here could be a good way to convert last night's leftover rice into a healthy breakfast! These rice pancakes are made with a batter of left over riceand besan. The addition of veggies brings in crunch alongside the nutrients. This Indian relish makes your breakfast filling and delicious.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 10 pan cakes
Left over rice-2 cups
Grated carrot- 5 Tbsps
Spring onions chopped- 5 Tbsps
Whole wheat flour- ¼ cup
Besan- ½ cup
Turmeric - ½ tsp
Hing- ¼ tsp
Green chilies chopped- 2 tsps
Curd - 2 Tbsps
Coriander leaves- 2 Tbsps
Salt to taste
Oil to shallow fry- 5 tsps
• Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Using enough water, mix the batter to dropping consistency.
• Heat a non-stick pan and spread little oil on it.
• Pour a ladleful of the batter on the pan and unfold in a circular motion to create a (4") diameter circle.
• Cook until it turns golden brown in color on either side.
• Repeat steps three and four to create nine additional pancakes
• Serve hot with pudhina chutney or tomato sauce.